The Treatment Specialist: Rehab Near Me
When beginning the arduous process of sifting through the various options for addiction or mental health treatment services it can quickly lead to information overload. With so much information available online, how does one know which program is the right one for your needs? It is important to speak with experienced treatment specialists who can guide you and help answer your questions. The Treatment Specialist offers information on what to expect, types of conditions treated, and also guide you toward treatment options that can help you or your loved one.
What to Expect in Rehab?
Rehab is often the gateway into healing and recovery for many people who are struggling with addiction, dual diagnosis, or primary mental health conditions. Rehab programs are offered to adults and teens that are in need of a roadmap back to living a healthy, productive life.
The treatment programs often include initial in-depth assessments, customized treatment plans, medication management, individual therapy, group therapy, exercise, and experiential therapies. Treatment programs that offer a holistic approach take the entire person, mind and body into consideration.
Which Level of Care is Right for You?
When someone approaches recovery they will have different levels of care to consider. Rehabs are grouped into two main formats, outpatient or residential care.
Outpatient recovery programs offer varying levels of care, allowing the individual to match their own recovery needs with the appropriate intensity. Generally, outpatient programs come in three levels of intensity, each having unique requirements as well as services offered. These types of outpatient rehab include:
- Basic outpatient treatment. This is the least intensive outpatient rehab, offering evaluation, psychotherapy sessions, and addiction education for individuals with a mild or recent substance use disorder. Basic outpatient therapy is an excellent step-down after completing a more intensive outpatient or residential program.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP). The IOP provides a more robust program that nine hours of participation each week. Program elements include psychotherapy, addiction education, medication management, and 12-step programming, and detoxification services are referred if appropriate.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP). The PHP offers the highest level of care for an outpatient program, requiring 25-30 hours of participation per week. The PHP offers detox services, psychiatric services, and medical professionals on site to provide a comprehensive recovery program.
All outpatient programs provide flexibility for living arrangements. The individual can remain at home outside of treatment hours and work, or they may opt to access sober living housing if a supportive home environment is not available.
A residential (or inpatient) drug rehab provides a safe, nurturing environment where the individual will reside for a specified period of time, such as 30, 60, or 90 days. That time period will be determined by the severity of the addiction, the specific substance of abuse, whether there is a co-occurring mental health disorder, and the client’s insurance coverage and resources. On average, the detox and withdrawal phase will last about one week, followed by a minimum of three weeks in treatment. Some clients, however, might need additional time in treatment, even up to a year if necessary for a successful recovery result.
Residential rehabs vary in size and scope, from large, clinical facilities to small, secluded home settings, and many options in between. The more intimate the setting, the higher the staff to client ratio is, providing for more individualized care and support. A secluded setting can also add to the ambiance of the overall rehab experience, as these tend to be situated in geographically pleasant places.
Residential treatment programs have defined daily schedules so clients know what to expect each day so they can be engaged and prepared. A menu of daily therapy sessions (group and /or individual), participation in support group meetings or 12-step meetings, classes, and holistic activities round out a typical day at the residential rehab.
What Types of Behavioral or Psychiatric Conditions are Included?
The specific scope of a given online treatment locator service will be expressly detailed on the home page. Drop down menus offer the various types of addictions and/or mental health services they will provide guidance for. Each program specializes in one particular segment of the spectrum, such as alcoholism or depression. In other cases, a full menu of disorders or conditions may include:
- Drug addiction, including heroin and other opiates, suboxone, prescription opioids, methamphetamine, cocaine, marijuana, benzodiazepines, and more
- Alcohol addiction or dependency
- Behavioral addictions, such as gambling, sex, love, shopping, or food addictions
- Mental health disorders, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, PTSD and trauma disorders, eating disorders, and dual diagnosis (the coexistence of both a substance addiction and a mental health disorder)
What Types of Treatment Programs Does a Rehab Near Me Offer?
There is currently a vast array of treatment specialties and philosophies that offer an opportunity to really target the type of program that best aligns with a client’s personal belief system, preferences for services and accommodations, and financial resources. By learning what matters most to you when envisioning an effective treatment option, the Treatment Specialist can help match your needs with these details.
Some of the types of addiction treatment programs offered include:
- Luxury addiction treatment
- Dog or pet friendly programs
- Holistic-oriented programs
- Medically assisted treatment programs
- Faith-based programs
- LGBTQ programs
- 12-step programs
- Non 12-step programs
- Outpatient programs
- Detox Programs
- Inpatient programs
Some of the types of mental health treatment programs offered include:
- Psychiatric hospital
- Hospital inpatient setting
- Residential programs
- Day programs
- Outpatient programs
- Partial hospitalization programs
- Community mental health centers
- Rehab For Depression
What To Expect in Rehab
Upon intake and admission into the program, the client will need to complete a medical detox before entering treatment. Detox and withdrawal symptoms vary depending on the substance of abuse, the history of substance abuse, and the amount of the substance usually consumed. Trained medical detox personnel closely monitor clients and provide interventions and treatments as withdrawal symptoms emerge.
Following detox, the individual will begin treatment. Treating a substance use disorder involves taking purposeful actions to make the necessary changes in negative or irrational thoughts and behaviors that had a role in fueling the compulsive behaviors that fed into the addiction. Addiction therapy is an integrated effort, mingling several different forms of therapy for the most comprehensive approach to recovery.
The rehab will offer such activities as:
- Group therapy: People benefit when opening up and sharing personal experiences with each other. Peers in recovery can bond through these group sessions, cultivating a sense of mutual support.
- Individual therapy: Psychotherapy modalities that have been clinically studied with scientifically quantified results are central to addiction treatment, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), contingency management, and motivational enhancement therapy (MET).
- Family therapy: Family members meet to discuss and work on establishing new healthy boundaries, identifying enabling behaviors, and offering emotional support for their loved one in recovery.
- Medication assisted treatment: MAT is useful in helping some individuals to transition from addiction to a sustained recovery through medications, such as naltrexone, methadone, or buprenorphine.
- Addiction education and relapse prevention: Educating individuals about how addiction forms in the first place can be helpful in deterring relapse. Further, clients are coached to develop their personal relapse prevention plan.
- Holistic activities and recreation: Rehabs offer activities that enhance the treatment experience and encourage relaxation, such as yoga, massage, acupuncture, equine therapy, and art therapy. Rehab programs may include outdoor activities, such as golf, water sports, and hiking.
- 12-step recovery. Many rehabs integrate the tenets of the 12-step recovery program by including recovery meeting participation and 12-step curriculum. There are also rehabs that feature an alternative non 12-step philosophy.
What is Dual Diagnosis?
Addiction often coexists with a mood disorder, such as depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder, thus creating a more complex and challenging treatment plan. This “dual diagnosis” is best treated by a rehab that specializes in providing therapies for both disorders simultaneously for the best recovery outcome. This means that a dual diagnosis program with have both the addiction specialists and a psychiatrist on staff.
How Important is Aftercare?
Recovery from addiction does not have an end point. Understanding that the process of recovery is life long explains the need for an aftercare strategy as a meaningful component of the overall treatment plan. This is because returning to one’s regular life can re-introduce many of the same stressors or triggers that led to addictive behaviors, so ongoing support is needed for at least several months to one year after the rehab program is completed. It takes time to acquire new healthy habits and to reinforce the various recovery skills learned in treatment.
- Sober living housing
- Weekly therapy sessions
- Ongoing addiction and relapse prevention education
- Participation in a 12-step or non 12-step recovery program
These aftercare efforts can greatly increase the probability of achieving and maintaining the lifelong recovery desired.
The Treatment Specialist: Rehab Near Me
The Treatment Specialist offers featured treatment programs for you or your loved one. Each program will provide a free assessment to evaluate your specific preferences and needs. The specialists will also do a free insurance check to identify your health plan’s benefits and coverage. For more information, contact The Treatment Specialist featured programs today at (877) 408-0734.