Table of Contents
Best Luxury Rehab Centers
If you are seeking a deluxe addiction treatment program, you probably wonder which are the 10 best luxury rehab centers. Read on to learn all about luxury rehabs.
If you are in need of addiction treatment or mental health treatment, why not seek out the very best? Treating yourself to a little pampering while getting the help you deserve can truly enhance the rehab experience. High-end treatment options can provide these extra luxuries along with evidence-based care.
What is Addiction Luxury Rehab?
Addiction treatment centers, whether a basic rehab or a luxury rehab, are founded upon some central treatment elements. These are the core practices that reflect the industry standard for treating substance use disorders (SUD). They include:
- Medical detox. Recovery begins with detox and withdrawal. As the body rids itself of the substance, withdrawal symptoms will emerge. The detox team will offer medical support throughout the process.
- Assessment. Each person’s SUD will have unique features, including co-occurring mental health challenges. During the initial assessment, the clinical team gathers important facts about the person’s SUD history, health status, and psychological status.
- Treatment plan. Once the data is gathered, the clinical team designs a tailored treatment plan. The plan will provide a roadmap of the person’s treatment needs and recovery goals.
- Continuing care. Once treatment is completed, an aftercare plan is made. This helps keep the person engaged in recovery efforts after they return home.
A luxury rehab goes beyond these basic services to deliver a more nuanced and sumptuous treatment experience. The 10 best luxury rehab centers offer such extras as:
- Deluxe accommodations.
- Upscale setting.
- Spa-like services.
- Field trips.
- Gourmet meals.
- Equine therapy.
- Specialized programs, such as executive, couples, pet friendly, and resort-like programs.
What is Mental Health Luxury Rehab?
Luxury rehabs are not only for the treatment of SUD. Mental health luxury rehabs provide plush settings, premium services and high-end amenities as well. Those with a mental health disorder or a dual diagnosis (both SUD and mental health struggles) can also enjoy luxury. These mental health retreats are often situated in a serene, peaceful, and very private locale.
Top 10 Luxury Rehab Centers
- Rehabs Malibu by LifeSync Malibu (Malibu, CA)
- Capo by The Sea (San Juan Capistrano and Dana Point, Orange County, CA)
- Journey Hillside Tarzana (Tarzana/Los Angeles, CA)
- Seasons Malibu (Malibu, CA)
- Cliffside Malibu (Malibu, CA)
- Beachside Rehab (Florida)
- The Balance (Spain)
- Futures Recovery (Florida)
- Rise (Malibu, CA)
- All Points North Lodge (Malibu, CA)
What Determines a High Quality Rehab?
When seeking treatment for a SUD, you may become a bit confused looking at the many options out there. If you are looking for a luxury rehab setting, there are certain features that should be present. These include:
- Evidence-based approach. The program should be built upon therapies that have been studied and shown to be effective for addiction recovery. An integrated program is best. It blends evidence-based therapies with holistic methods and exercise.
- Expertise. The staff should include licensed addiction specialists and mental health professionals. An M.D. should be on staff as well.
- Low client ratio. Private luxury rehabs tend to have fewer patients, which allows for a higher level of care.
- Licensed. The treatment center should be fully licensed, and be CARF or Joint Commission accredited. This helps ensure that the center will follow industry standards for patient safety.
- Clean and orderly. The rehab should be well maintained and appear to be well managed. The facility should be clean and organized.
- Respectful environment. There should be a sense of dignity and respect between the staff and the clients. The rehab should feel comfortable and upbeat, with a sense of mutual trust.
- The privacy should be emphasized. Luxury rehabs tend to focus on ways to protect client privacy. Ask what measures they take to ensure privacy.
- Custom treatment plans. The rehab should offer tailored treatment plans and case management.
- Family program. The rehab’s treatment elements should include family-focused therapy or family programs.
What is an Evidence-Based Treatment Approach?
Therapies for treating SUD are studied in clinical trials. The study results are then published. The research is focused on the efficacy of the treatment. In other words, did the treatment actually produce significant results? This data then helps guide the standard of care to include research-based practices.
Some evidence-based treatments include:
CBT: CBT is a short-term therapy. It helps you change the way you respond to certain stressors or triggers that have led to substance use.
DBT: DBT helps you accept the need to change self-destructive behaviors and then how to make those positive changes.
MET: MET helps you push past any mixed feelings you have about quitting the substance and to make a plan.
12-step program: The 12-step program of A.A. is often a central aspect of treatment, and continuing care.
All of these have been studied and shown to be effective treatment elements for SUD.
The Role of Holistic Treatments in the 10 Best Luxury Rehabs
There has been a growing trend toward treating the whole person (holistic) in addiction and mental health treatment programs. Nowhere is this more present than in a luxury setting. These high-end rehabs indulge clients with lavish treatments and services that can greatly enhance the healing process.
The methods might include:
- Massage therapy.
- Hot tubs and pools.
- Deluxe gyms.
- Yoga classes.
- Guided meditation sessions.
- Art therapy.
The ten best luxury rehabs set the bar quite high. These treatment centers are committed to giving clients the very best rehab experience and achieving lasting results. If you or a loved one is in need of treatment, consider a luxury rehab.
The Treatment Specialist Online Resource for Mental Health and Addiction
The Treatment Specialist is an online resource for informative articles on mental health conditions and treatment options for adults, teens, and families. Our specialists can guide you toward luxury addiction and mental health rehab options. To learn about all treatment options, please call us today at (866) 644-7911.